Now that the hubbub of the holidays is over, it’s time to go through your photos and pick your finest to enter in the Family Travel Photo Competition. There’s only one week left to get your shots in, so don’t wait!
We’ve had some great entries already, and a big thanks to everyone who’s submitted photos. It would be great if everyone could publicize the competition on their websites, blogs, Facebook pages, local billboards, public access TV, tattoos – any place that would help spread the word.
Don’t forget, this time around we’re offering a prize to the winning photographer. The incredibly talented Kevin Dyer, whose work you can check out at A World in Focus, is offering the winner his or her choice of any print from Kevin’s extensive galleries. From Arizona to Vietnam and places in between, Kevin has put in a lot of miles and taken some truly remarkable shots, so be sure to have a look at which photo you’ll choose when you win.
- The theme is family travel, but you needn’t have slogged through the jungles of Borneo. A day trip to a lake, a walk in the local wood, a weekend getaway to a national park or an amazing city – these are all perfectly fabulous destinations.
- Send in as many snaps as you like, but please, be merciful.
- You don’t have to have family members in your shots. Any photos from trips you took together are great.
- Please include some information about the photo – who, where, when, etc.
- Please be sure to include a link to your website or blog, if you have one. All entries chosen will have a link back to their site or sites.
- Deadline for entry is January 13, 2013.
- All entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck to all! We can’t wait to see your best shots, and to share them with everyone. I’ll leave you with a few shots from our own family travels.