For our Family Travel Photo of the Year competition, we’re extremely pleased to announce that, unlike in our previous competition, we’ll be offering a prize that doesn’t involve babysitting our kids.
Kevin Dyer, an incredibly talented travel photographer whose work you can check out at A World in Focus, has graciously agreed to offer the winner his or her choice of any print from Kevin’s extensive galleries. From Arizona to Vietnam and places in between, Kevin has put in a lot of miles and taken some truly remarkable shots, so be sure to have a look at which photo you’ll choose when you win.
Our last competition unearthed some truly outstanding photography. This time around YOU, the readers, will be the final judges. From a field of 30, two rounds of voting will narrow it down to the top ten, with the Family Travel Photo of the Year announced based on total number of votes.
- The theme is family travel, but you needn’t have slogged through the jungles of Borneo. A day trip to a lake, a walk in the local wood, a weekend getaway to a national park or an amazing city – these are all perfectly fabulous destinations.
- Send in as many snaps as you like, but please, be merciful.
- You don’t have to have family members in your shots. Any photos from trips you took together are great.
- Please include some information about the photo – who, where, when, etc.
- Please be sure to include a link to your website or blog, if you have one. All entries chosen will have a link back to their site or sites.
- Deadline for entry is January 13, 2013.
- All entries should be sent to email@example.com.
Good luck to all! We can’t wait to see your best shots, and to share them with everyone. We’re off on a short family ski getaway to Slovakia, so hopefully we’ll get some good snaps to post on our return. In the meantime, here are a few for inspiration purposes.